View this blog on a mobile device.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Finding Time for What Matters

So this is my last week of maternity leave. I am trying to cram items from my to-do list into the few remaining days. I am not sure why I thought I would even have time to work on a scrapbook, remodel our rental property, list items on Craigslist, and volunteer in the girls' classes in the first place. I have learned that being a stay at home mom doesn't leave a lot of time in the day. After you drop off kids, get yourself ready, put the baby down for a nap, and eat lunch- it is time to go pick up the kids. (Confession: there is almost always time for a trip to Target.)

Anyway, one of the big things that Joe and I wanted to do before I settled into a work routine was take Colton to visit Joe's dad. So, Monday we headed to Wewa for an impromptu visit. You should know that although Colton is not a particularly fussy baby, he really only lets me hold him for a long time. That is, until he met his PawPaw! Joe and I were both surprised by how alert and happy Colton was to be in his arms. There was a lot of mutual staring going on. We hope to get over that way more. I think I overheard Joe and his daddy planning Colton's first fishing trip already!




2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful pic! Don't worry about that other stuff on your to do list - you are already doing what is most important...taking care of your family. Good luck back at work. *Hugs*
    love, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete