View this blog on a mobile device.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Santa!

As of last weekend, the girls were on the fourth and fifth generations of their Christmas lists.  Needless to say, it was past time to finalize their requests.  After a morning of frantic re-writing, they agreed that it was time to deliver their lists in person to Santa.  As much as I wanted a picture of all the kids dressed up on Santa's lap, it was better to just pile in the car and head to Pier Park in Christmas shirts while we were all in the mood. (Hair brushing was optional with a hat or antlers.)

Seeing Santa at Pier Park is always a treat because there is never any line.  We found him standing outside the "village" entrance greeting passerbys. He ushered the girls inside. Before Joe and I could even get inside with the stroller, the girls were seated in his lap reading their lists.  I barely got a picture. Colton was very cooperative (if not indifferent) about the whole thing.  We were able to take as long as we wanted with pictures and small-talk with Santa since there was no one waiting behind us. It was great!  The lesson for me was not to feel like everything had to be planned out down to hair bows and tights.  These pictures are a real reflection of our family at this moment in time- perfect!





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We mustn't sweat the small stuff such as hair bows and tights:) I love it!

    ReplyDelete