View this blog on a mobile device.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Still Waiting

OK, I am formally admitting defeat. I was wrong... no delivery 2 weeks early. Man, I hate being wrong!  Although I continue to feel great and am not actually in any hurry, the excitement of the impending birth is definitely building in our household. Victoria asks me at least ten times a day if I feel OK and if I think it is time to go to the hospital. It is very sweet how concerned she is and how anxious she is to be a big sister again. Actually, I think she is more apt to be mothering the baby; it is in her nature to nurture little ones. Molly is equally excited, but has vocalized her concern that things might not be as much fun with a little brother around. In the next breath she will proclaim that she can't wait to meet him. She will have some adjusting to do... she will be a big sister AND a little sister (middle child is NOT a term I am ready to introduce to Molly).

I promise to post again when there is news to report. Until then, we continue to busy ourselves with little tasks around the house. Today I (re)organized the baby's closet just to be sure I knew what we had. The result: it's official- we are ready to feed, clothe, bathe, swaddle, and love on a baby. So let's get this party started!

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I do not think Molly would take to being "The Middle Child" very well. She has been the baby all her life! lol

    Its good to hear their both excited and you have everything ready though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Becki, I didn't realize the due date. Maybe you will have him on the 16th...a great day to bring a new little one into the world...that is Audrey's birthday. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey well, he won't be a cancer sign, looks like a Leo - good temperament for his sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous is me, Cat - I just figured out how to post a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are doing well! Can't wait to meet your little man! Hope you enjoy the rest of summer!
    Love,
    Alison Moreira

    ReplyDelete